The CanExport SMEs program is a popular Canadian government grant that supports small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) as they explore/expand new and under-developed international markets. Typically, it is used to cover the costs of participating in international trade shows and government-led missions.
Funding up to
Small and medium sized companies may access up to $75,000 in funding to assist with international market development activities. We cover up to 75% of costs for export marketing of your products and services in international markets where you have little or no sales.
- Be a for-profit
- Earn annual revenues ranging from $100,000 to $100,000,000
- Maintain 1 to 500 full-time employees
- Be incorporated federally or classified as a limited liability partnership (LLP)
- Create eligible project expenses of $20,000 or more
- Be financially stable and able to pay all project expenses not covered by the program
The CanExport Innovation (CXI) program promotes and enhances Canada’s international innovation efforts by pursuing collaborative partnership opportunities in other countries. Activities supported include building targeted relationships to encourage formal discussions that initiate collaborations on future R&D opportunities.
Funding up to
Innovators from Canadian organizations may access up to $75,000 in funding to assist with research and development (R&D) for a single technology. We cover up to 75% of costs to pursue and sign collaborative R&D agreements with international partners and investors.
To be eligible, your organization must:
- Be registered in Canada
- Have a Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) business number
- Own, co-own, or have decision-making authority over the intellectual property (IP) rights for the technology
- Have a prototype (Technology Readiness Level 4 or higher)
- Intend to commercially launch the technology within 5 years