At Requiti Capital, we fix meticulous attention and detail, ensuring that we exceed clients’ expectations and work with them to actualize their business ambitions. Our service constructs an online experience that transforms audiences into long-terms ambassadors. We create an atmosphere where people love to come and work. As a team, we love to host a variety of socials, events, and potlucks together, whether it’s at the beach, playing basketball, or hosting barbeques! Our team are also avid gamers and foodies.
Position: Senior Accountant
Requiti Capital connects businesses with the funding they need to succeed. With offices in both Vancouver and Toronto, we’re on a mission to enable SMEs to achieve bigger goals by leveraging technology and democratizing access to funding. We are seeking a senior accountant to join our Toronto team.
The Senior Accountant plays a key role during a period of high growth. The successful candidate will embrace this hands-on and multi-faceted role and oversee accounting processes and a team of driven professionals. The right person for the role will have extensive full-cycle accounting and previous auditing experience.
- Manage accounting staff to ensure day-to-day accounting tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Monitor all levels of accounting and financial reporting process (from invoicing through to financial statement preparation)
- Identify and implement standardized accounting, tax and finance best practices across organization
- Prepare financial forecasts, budgets, consolidation and reporting; ensure adequate liquidity to meet the organization’s needs by actively managing banking and external financing activities
- Develop short- and long-term financial objectives while providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts to enhance financial performance and support new business opportunities and advise on the financial implications of business activities.
- Prepare all financial and fiscal reports, including organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to shareholders and other financial partners on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Oversee all payroll activity for the organization and lead the design, implementation and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff; support the development of staff succession and growth plans
- Coordinate and support activities of independent auditors, ensuring all audit issues are resolved, all compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with GAAP and federal, provincial, state and other required supplementary schedules and information.
- Support the Executive Management team in developing and implementing the organization’s strategic vision, including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships among vendors/suppliers, customers, shareholders and government agencies as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts.
- Support new business development by assisting the CEO, Director of Sales & Marketing and HR in identifying new business opportunities, preparing analyses/business plans and budgets, and determining attractiveness of prospective customers and new products.
- Preparation of tax returns in accordance with company standards for clients and perform assurance and accounting engagements and projects as required.
- Effectively communicate within our team, with clients, and relevant government agencies (CRA) and prepare of government forms and returns: HST/GST returns, T1, T2, T4, etc.
- Responsible for the collection and preparation of all financial aspects of the SR&ED submission process and requirements.
- Solid background in full cycle accounting from different industries in accordance with GAAP is preferred.
- 3 to 5 years’ accounting experience and professional accounting designation preferred (CA, CMA, CGA, and CPA)
- Must be familiar with T2 corporate tax, T1 and T4 filing, HST/GST returns as required for internal teams and external clients.
- Nice to have knowledge in processing SR&ED applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing work environment
- Strong computer skills are required with proven proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Anticipated start date
- As soon as possible
- Company events / vacations
- Extended health care
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Contact HR: email@example.com